»

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Question of the Week(s), March 3-9 & 10-16

I went to post this week's question from our study, "Having A Mary Spirit" and it dawned on me...

I never posted a question for last week! I am SO sorry...with Dave's ordination and Victoria moving back home for a week...well, the old gray matter just ain't what it used to be:-)

So, I'm posting TWO questions...one for last week (my bad!) and one for this week...answer both or pick one...or none...but please think about responding, k?

Question 1: As you were growing up, what irritated you most about your siblings (or a cousin or friend if you were an only child)?

I basically grew up as an only child...by the time I came along, my brother was 14 and he was the youngest of the other three kids. I felt left out because I was so much younger, and I still do. They have a lot of shared history with one another because they were born 1, 2, 3,...and then there was me. And there was a lot of sibling rivalry, because Mom and Dad were completely different people when I was born, so I got a different set of parents in a way, and it made me a different kind of person.


Question 2: What brings out your flesh woman?

Situations where I feel out of place will bring her out in force. I will either think too little of myself and withdraw, or I will try too hard and make an idiot of myself. A few years ago I was finally diagnosed with panic attacks...there's a more technical term that makes me feel better about it, but I can't remember it:-) So I have learned the signs of one coming on, and I'm learning how to cope in better ways. But sometimes feeling inadequate will bring her out.

Another time she shows herself is if I get a little too big for my britches...but God loves me so much that He always lets me go just too far enough to shake me up and to realize Who is really in control here. Never enough to totally humiliate myself, but just enough to get my attention off of me and back on Him.

How about you? It's Your Turn...........

Be blessed, and tell Flesh Woman to take a hike.....!! Then be a blessing to someone in Christ's name.

Deena

0 comments: