»

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

An email message...from my Ethel!!

Hey! I received this in my email from my "Ethel" (you know who you are!!) in response to several of my blog topics lately. I got permission from the author (wasn't that nice of me:-) to share it with you, so here it is!!

Yes honey, I just read your blog! Good stuff I must say and it seems that a lot of what gets accomplished is that you are always giving yourself a "good talkin to!" Its kinda like you are your own best therapist and we can all go to school on you!

Don't get me wrong, I mean it when I say it is good stuff because it is all about letting go and letting God! You cannot control all things in the lives of others, even your own family members and no matter how good you are at balancing those eggs they are gonna crack sometime and you cannot put all those humpty-dumpties together again!!

No, life is not fair...we have to adjust or We will crack up! Right? We just have to look to God, the author and finisher of our faith to take us through the big ol egg-beaters of life.

We can PRAISE and BE RAISED or we can complain and REMAIN! (like the Israelites)

The secret I think is giving God that "sacrifice of praise" when it is the hardest to muster up and when we don't know what else to do anyway! We just need to praise Him above all else, delight ourselves in Him and He will give us the desires of our hearts, right!

He will make the crooked places straight! He will restore balance, if we let Him. We fulfill our purpose when we praise Him above all else. He must be number 1.

Yet we are pulled in so many directions! All I know is that when I praise Him...the load seems lighter, my days seem brighter and HOPE & PEACE spring forth anew! That JOY is where I get my strength to keep going and trusting!

All I can say is "Preach it, Sister Ethel!!" LOL!! I just love her, and I knew it would bless you to read her heartfelt words! Remember what "Ethel" said:

We can PRAISE and BE RAISED or we can complain and REMAIN!

On that note...I'm outta here!!

Deena

0 comments: