»

Friday, May 04, 2007

A Father's Surprise...

My husband did something unusual last night...

He took our 13 year old son to the midnight premier of Spiderman III.

Why did he do this? For many reasons...

First, he knew our son was a super-hero nut...the boy loves comics and superheroes. And he has talked Spiderman non stop since the trailers for the movie came out.

He also knew that our son was patiently going to wait until we had time to take him to see the movie. Which would be about two weeks. Which is an eternity to a 13 year old boy. But he didn't complain.

And he wanted to surprise him. Our son didn't know what was going to happen until it did. Dave woke him up around 11:15 and just told him to get dressed, it was time for some "dad and son time".

What was the result? Two VERY sleepy guys this morning, along with a "You're the best dad EVER!" from our son. And a very satisfied look on my husband's face this morning. And a lot of phone calls to other 13 year old boys from our son, sharing what his dad did for him.

So, let me ask you this...

What has God done for you that was customed designed to make you smile all over, surprised you and delighted you at the same time, and you couldn't wait to tell all of your friends...and made you say, "You're so great, God, to me! Thank You, thank You, thank You!"

Father, do something like this for each one who reads this blog today. Let them be totally aware of how special and unique this blessing is, and let them share it with everyone they see today. And include me in that as well, if You don't mind, Father...

Amen

You'll be blessed today...so be watchin' for it!

Deena

2 comments:

Nise' said...

What a great dad! I am impressed that he was able to stay up to get your son up and go the midnight movie!

God answered a prayer of mine through a word definition! Woo Hoo!

Sharon Brumfield said...

He showed me today that He was listening to my heart by having my husband tell me he was thinking the same thing I was. It was sweet.