»

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Some Random Thoughts From Me...

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. II Corinthians 12:9

I read a lot on other blogs about how weak we feel at times, how insufficient we are for the tasks life brings our way. Isn't it refreshing to read how our weaknesses unleash the power of God in our lives if we'll just let them?

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-24

Yesterday might have been a real stinker of a day, but it is done and gone...and we awake to new mercies, new compassion from our Father in Heaven. Have you had your portion of God today? It's just waiting for you!

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:30-31

When I find myself bone weary, and I wonder, "Okay, Lord, I'm waiting for my strength to be renewed," and it doesn't happen...then I have to ask myself--where's my hope? Who or what am I waiting on? If it's the Lord, then the promise is mine...but if it's not, then who am I kidding? Too often, it's waiting til the check comes, or til the kids finish school, or til I can get a good night's sleep, or til I lose that extra weight...anything, but the One I'm supposed to wait upon.

Just some random thoughts today...

Be blessed!

Deena

3 comments:

Denise said...

Awesome thoughts, thanks for sharing sweety.

Denise said...

Hey sweety, come visit my blog. I have tagged you for a meme.

Nise' said...

Enjoyed your random thoughts. I did have a couple of "stinker" days and sat down Wed. night to talk it over with the Lord that conintued on into Thursday morning. So true to let the power of God in our lives to oversome our weaknesses. He is asking me to continue to wait, but trusting completely in him and to QUIT obsessing over it thinking there is something else "I" have to do!
Your post just confirms what I am hearing! Woo Hoo, I want to hear what He is saying and know I need to listen everywhere!