»

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Who Am I Kidding??

Today has been a sluggish day. I've had arthritis flare-ups for several weeks now...almost ready to holler "Uncle" and go see the doc.

But I slept a LOT today, then vegged on the sofa with my daughter. I was supposed to go to a baby shower, but failed to go. So we curled up and watched recorded season finales of our favorite crime dramas: Numb3rs, CSI, CSI Miami, and finally CSI NY.

CSI NY ROCKED!! I do believe it was the best of the best of all three shows. But I almost didn't watch it. I thought it was going to be so stupid. Basic premise: the cops bust a cocaine ring tied to the mob..and the mob comes to the CSI lab to get the coke back.

But it was intense. It showed sides of each character that we didn't know they had. It was well orchestrated. It was chocked full of suspense. And it ended with a bang.

At one point, both K and I were screaming at the TV, "No, don't shoot! Don't shoot! It's not them!" And, low and behold...they didn't shoot! I turned to her, we high fived, and I said, "I do believe our screaming just saved two lives!"

Who was I kidding? It was Adam jumping up and stopping the cops from firing, not us. But it felt good to think we had something to do with it.

Aren't we that way with God? We think we're just helping Him along in life, telling Him stuff and pointing out things He could do to make so and so's life better, heal him or her, and bring about world peace. And He does it His way...with no help from us, and it turns out so much better.

Had those cops been able to hear two hysterical females screaming...they probably WOULD have shot someone!! So, the next time you're tempted to help God out (or I'm tempted)...just picture me screaming at the TV and thinking I've saved the day.

When you're done laughing, thank God that He doesn't need our help, and be blessed!!

Deena

P.S. It really is an awesome episode...watch it if you can, and then let me know if you tried to save lives too:-)

1 comments:

Nise' said...

I am tickled by you yelling at the TV, I so do that, even just talking to the characters. I drive my hubby crazy and he doesn't like to watch with me!

Loved the application as well. I am one to want to help God out with His job. I know better, I know He can do a better more complete job than I can ever imagine or think of, but yet I offer Him my suggestions.