»

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Time Keeps On Tickin', Tickin', Tickin'...Into the Future!!!

Time.

It's a curious thing.

Something we rarely have enough of it seems.

And yet, consider this:

Last night, we chose to MAKE TIME and spend the evening with friends. We laughed, we watched a video, we enjoyed a casual dinner. It was fun.

This weekend, I chose to HAVE TIME for my children...my son was sick, so we played cards together. My daughter was troubled, so we had a long heart-to-heart chat...then she went and had another one with her dad.

A few days ago, a friend chose to TAKE TIME to encourage me. She didn't know how low I was feeling, but her kind words lifted my spirit and helped to heal my heart.

Time was created for us, and yet it tends to be our master. I, like everyone else, cry the universal cry of "I just don't have time!"

Well, I'm choosing to put time back under my control as best I can, to stop WASTING TIME, LOSING TIME, and NOT FORGETTING JUST HOW LITTLE TIME WE MAY HAVE...

See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Ephesians 5:15-16

Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. Colossians 4:5

Be blessed, and take the time to bless someone today...

Deena

Edited to add: Yes, I know...I mixed up two different song lyrics for my post title...I'm notorious for doing this...I meant "Time Keeps On Slippin', Slippin', Slippin'...Into the Future." But I crossed wires with a song that goes, "Time keeps tickin' away, it keeps tick-tick-tickin' away..." So sorry for all you music fans out there!!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, we need to make time for one another, and quit wasting so much precious time.

Sharon Brumfield said...

I'm giving you at least two minutes of my 24 hours. Now don't you feel special?
Have a great day!

Nise' said...

I used to look forward to when my children were a little older so I would have more "time", it never happened. But now that two of them are gone, I have time and grieve the time that has passed! LOL