»

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Thankful Thursday---Reflections...





Today, I'm simply thankful for the following:

1) I'm thankful that today is Heather's surgery day. No more waiting, no more wondering...

2) I'm thankful for blogging buddies who helped raise funds so that her husband, Emma Grace and Heather's parents can stay with her at the Mayo Clinic with no worries about finance.

3) I'm thankful for the prayer blanket covering Heather and her family even as I type this email.

4) I'm thankful for a sister in Christ such as Heather, whose powerful testimony of faith and trust in a loving God goes out over this internet, blessing and encouraging and conviction all who read it.

5) I'm thankful for Heather's marriage, which has withstood some monstrous trials even before this, and they are still standing strong, together.

6) I'm thankful for Heather's mom, and my heart is with her this morning.

7) I'm thankful for Boomama, Kelli, and all the other women who put together all of the fundraisers and loops to keep us in touch and connected.

8) I'm thankful for the ones who post updates on Heather as we all wait for news.

9) I'm thankful that I serve a God of miracles who does as He wishes, and not as we wish.

10) I'm thankful to be a part of such a wide and wonderful blogging community, and feel so very blessed to call many, if not most of you, my sisters in Christ.

11) I'm thankful for MY family, and knowing that should something similar fall on me, they would stand with me and care for me.

12) I'm thankful for my husband and for the storms our marriage has weathered, and how they've all made us closer and stronger.

13) I'm thankful that all of my kids are healthy, and asking you to pray for our oldest daughter that she would return to her relationship with Jesus and begin to take God seriously again.

14) I'm thankful that I can pray to God and know He hears me and rest in the assurance He knows best and can do all things.

15) I'm thankful that, no matter the outcome of today or what tomorrow holds, I'll see everyone who believes in Jesus as Savior in Heaven for all eternity.


If you don't understand why I talk about Jesus and God so much...maybe you've never heard the truth about Him. Maybe you don't know why we are so desperately in need of a Savior even today in our modern society. If you're the least bit curious about this Jesus I love, adore, and speak of.....click here. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

Please continue to pray for Heather and her family. This is just the first step down a long and winding road.

Also, please pray for Henry Herr and his wife Karen...he had brain surgery to remove a tumor, and is undergoing radiation right now, with chemotherapy on the horizon. His parents are members of the church my husband pastors.

Be blessed, and hug your loved ones today. Don't waste another second of the time God has given us here...

Deena

13 comments:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

What a wonderful list...We are praying for Heather as well..

Sharon Brumfield said...

Isn't it great the burden God has shared with us concerning Heather. Praying to. Thanks for stopping by--missed ya.

The Open Range Camping Family said...

What a beautiful list. I am thankful your heart is so burdened for Heather, as well as the other bloggers - it is awesome to see an entire community come together to support her and her family!
I'll be praying for your daughter as well.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful list for today! I know we are all praying for Heather on this day!

By the grace of God ... said...

Amen and Amen! A beautiful testimony to the Lord!

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

Nise' said...

Hey, I like the green! Its Springy! I feel so priviledged to be praying with hundreds of people for Heather and her family. Praying for your daughter, my friend. I love it that you put a link for seeking hearts!

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

You have such a big heart! Praying for Heather and Henry!

Thanks for sharing your list!

Blessings~

Faerylandmom said...

Amen, Deena!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

Sharon said...

I didn't get Heather posted on my blog in time, but I am praying for her and her family. May God's Will be done.

I enjoyed your list and love to hear you talk about Jesus!

Praying for your daughter, too.
((HUGS))

Love Bears All Things said...

Are you familiar with Dottie Rambo's song: I will Glory In the Cross? That is what came to mind while reading your list. Isn't it wonderful indeed that he is in control. Praise God!! Thank you for you list.

eph2810 said...

Indeed we do serve a loving God. I am still standing in awe how the Christian blogging community is pulling together.

I will lift up your daughter...You are right we are all in need of a Savior. Sometimes I think more now than ever.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to your Thursday evening and always.

Grandparents Corner said...

I share with you prayers for Heather and her family today. You stated what I couldn't express. Thanks for always blessing me and others when you share. Hugs, Bonnie