»

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thankful Thursday--It's All About The Savior!




1) I'm thankful that Jesus came to earth as a tiny baby, living his perfect life and experiencing all manner of things, so that I can go to Him and know He gets me.

2) I'm thankful that Jesus called such a motley bunch of disciples to follow after Him, so that I would fit right in, no matter who I was.

3) I'm thankful that Jesus taught truth everywhere He went, so that in an age of relative truth, I have a something solid to believe in.

4) I'm thankful that Jesus challenged the Pharisees on their hypocrisy, so that when I'm tempted to judge others, I can recognize their legacy in my life and turn from it.

5) I'm thankful that Jesus lived out his 33 years in full view of all, so that I know how I should live my life and know it's possible, because my Savior did it.

6) I'm thankful that Jesus prayed to His Father for everything, so that I know the importance of communication with my Father.

7) I'm thankful that Jesus put Himself under His Father's authority, so that I know the importance of being under God's authority and to not go my own way.

8) I'm thankful that Jesus was willing to suffer and die a horrid, bloody death, taking my place at Calvary, so that once I believed, I was assured Heaven with Him.

9) I'm thankful that Jesus rose from the dead, so that I can have assurance that He is able, and that He will do all He says He will do.

10) I'm thankful that both of my parents know the same Jesus that I know, and that I will be with them and Him forever.

What are you thankful for today? Check out more Thankful Thursday posts at Iris' place, Sting My Heart.

Be blessed, and thank God for Jesus...it feels good to focus on the Savior!

Deena

6 comments:

Denise said...

A great big amen to this thankful list.

Nise' said...

Amen and Amen! I am thankful as well this week for those loved ones who know Jesus face to face right now and I will see again!

Sorry that your CFS is flaring up, I can so sympathize with you, my friend and I am praying for you!

Mary said...

Amen!! Thank you for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

Betty's Loosing Race said...

Sounds like you have been reading the gospels this week. I have been listening to them on DVD (Faith by Hearing) a program our church is particiapating in. These have been my thoughts too this week.

Great Post!

Thanks for your encouraging words on my blog.

~Betty~

Faerylandmom said...

#2 really rings true today...

Thank you for sharing, and for visiting my site. :)

eph2810 said...

I am thankful right along with you that Jesus died, rose and is preparing a room for us :)...I so agree with you on the disciples. It is good to know that I don't need to be perfect and God can still use be despite all my flaws.
Thank you so much for sharing from your heart.
Blessings on your weekend and always.