»

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Answer to yesterday's question...

Yesterday I posted a question regarding "good dog/bad dog", or spiritual woman vs. flesh woman. I asked you what feeds which dog...here's my response.

Believe it or not, sometimes daily Bible reading, prayer, and faithful church attendance feed my flesh woman more than my spiritual woman. I've found myself in trials, crying out, "Why? I don't deserve this! I read my Bible, go to church, I pray...I don't deserve [fill in the blank]."

I act like my godly behavior scores me points above, entitling me to skip pain and suffering and go directly to blessing and ease. WRONG!! It isn't enough for me to do what's right to feed my spiritual woman...I have to do it because it's right, not because it earns me anything.

Or because it makes me better than those [other people]. If being spiritual makes me look down on a brother or a sister in Christ, am I really spiritual??

Flesh woman doesn't just crave fleshly things...sometimes she craves the spiritual things...just for all the wrong reasons. She's tricky, that Flesh Woman...but I'm wise to her ways...and Spiritual Woman is on the move...and I say that MOST humbly!!

Your turn...

Be blessed, and bless someone, not to score points above, but to lead someone to Him...

Deena

0 comments: