»

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Not Keeping Quiet!

There is a message that God is working out in me that I feel compelled to share. This is a work in progress, and praise God we are making progress! But it is a process, which means I am definitely not there yet, but I'm getting there by His grace.

In our book, "Having A Mary Spirit," I read this in chapter 3:

You see, I've come to realize that satan is not nearly as disappointed at losing me from his kingdom as he is determined to keep me from being effective in God's kingdom. If satan can't make me fall away from God's grace, he will do everything he can to keep me from fully embracing God's grace. Satan wants me--and he wants you!--to be so constantly preoccupied with what we're not that we never get around to realizing all that God is. Our enemy wants to keep us so consumed with our inadequacies that we never get around to appropriating the love and transforming power God has made available to us through His Son.

Did you get that? Satan knows he's lost us once we put our faith and our trust in God for our eternal salvation. He can never, ever get us back. He knows that better than we know it.

However, if he can get us focused on how unworthy we are, we won't ever focus on how worthy God is. Basically, he will do anything and everything he can to get us to think about us, and to keep us from thinking about Him.

I have news for everyone reading this: we're not worthy. We are all flawed, imperfect beings. We all have shortcomings. We are all messed up in some way. Isn't that GREAT NEWS?!?!?!

That's why Jesus came. That's why He died. That's why His spirit lives in us. That's why we have God's Word. That's why we have fellowship in church. That's why we do the things we do to encourage one another, like baring our souls in an internet blog.

I'm a mess. Plain and simple. And so are you, sweet friend. But PRAISE GOD He's got it all together!! And He shares it with us! His goal in this life we live is to make us more and more like Him, the way we were always meant to be.

So, don't let the enemy continue to pound on you about how inadequate you are. Agree with him and then shout in his face, "BUT MY GOD MAKES ME ADEQUATE THROUGH HIS PERFECTION!" Believe it. It's truth.

Enjoy the mess that you are, because you are becoming less of a mess and more like your Heavenly Father each and every day you walk with Him. Don't let the enemy distract you from that walking and talking with God that is so infinitely precious.

I speak this from one who knows. I don't need anyone to put me down...I do a much better job myself. I know better than anyone where I fall short, where I mess up, and where I struggle. Sometimes, the devil goes on vacation when it comes to me, because I do his work for him.

But God is showing me..."Yes, Deena, you're a mess, you beautiful creature! And I love that mess I named Deena. I died for her. I redeemed her. She's MINE, and I will work with her and on her until she looks JUST LIKE ME...."

Focus your eyes on God today. Hear His voice telling you what He's telling me...You Are His If You Believed Him For Your Salvation...and He adores you...He loves you...and He will never, EVER leave you alone...Let that bring you joy today.

Being a mess for Jesus,

Deena

0 comments: