»

Monday, February 19, 2007

My Heart Is Hurting....

but I'm fine. My prayer to get out the pit of despair has been answered, but honestly, it's a struggle to not slide back into it...the sides are slick and I'm constantly tempted to dance on the edge...Lord, hold me back and fence me in, Please!

Pray for my daughter. She is in danger of losing her job, and this is one I truly want her to keep. The environment is healthy, the people are encouraging and uplifting, and she will learn what it means to serve others.

Not only that, but it will allow her to remain independent, at least, as independent as a squirrelly 20 year old can be.

Your prayers are being heard...so many of my requests to you God is answering...He is moving in this situation...and while my heart hurts, I'm no longer discouraged nor despairing.

Which brings me to this...why do we struggle so to have faith in our God? In our Heavenly Father, who is all powerful and all knowing and all loving...the One who knows what is best for us in each and every situation??

What is so broken in His creation that we will cry out to anything BUT Him? Now, THAT breaks my heart...

I long to give good things to my daughter...I long to bring her home until my arms ache to hold and comfort her...I long to take care of her...

How much more does our Father long to bless us, to give good things to us, to hold and comfort us, to care for us...and we turn and say, "No. I can do it myself. Thank you, though."

How sad...how incredibly, tragically sad.

As a mother of a wayward, struggling child...hear my heart today...let God love on you. Let Him bless you. Let Him take care of you.

In order to do that, you must be obedient. You must read and take in His words. You must follow His leading. You must love and acknowledge Him in your life. You must. It's that simple.

And it's that critical. The Father's heart bleeds for His children...He loves us...He adores us...He died for us...

The least we can do is obey and follow.

Your turn...

Be blessed, and all praise to Our Father in Heaven who loves and lavishes His best on His children!!

Deena

1 comments:

Nise' said...

WOW... thanks for these words they are so encouraging... your words:
"As a mother of a wayward, struggling child..." spoke to me, I find myself here too and know that I have to trust my child to the ONE who loves and knows better than I ever could.
God Bless!