»

Thursday, February 08, 2007

God Is Looking For Some FAT Women!!

Didja like that header?? I read that in an email newsletter and thought, "Sign Me Up!"

Then I read the blurp underneath the header, and thought, "Whoa...really sign me up."

See, God is looking for F.A.T. women.

Faithful, available and teachable.

I want to be faithful, but sometimes it gets in the way of what I want to do. I'm not the most disciplined person (no, really!). I get distracted, overcommitted, and just plain selfish at times. It takes a lot to follow through on committments--it's so easy to say yes, but so hard to DO yes, you know?

And available? Sometimes the thought of lunch with a friend makes me want to weep--with exhaustion! I stay so busy doing what I HAVE to do, there isn't much time left for what I WANT to do...or so I'm convinced by someone.

I read once that satan's biggest plan against Christians is to keep them busy...that's it. Just busy, busy, busy...and I think it's working. I'm not nearly as busy as I believe I am...and if I am, well, then I'm just too busy!!

Now, for teachable...

Too often I think I know enough--I'm smart enough to know I don't know it ALL--and wonder what else is there left to learn.

I've learned that THAT is a dangerous thought to have...because God will then SHOW me what else I have to learn.

Trust me, it's a lot!

But having grown up in the church, the temptation is there to have a "been there, bought the t-shirt" kind of mentality. We have to realize that we will never grasp all He has for us to learn in this lifetime, and quite probably even in the next.

So, God is looking for some F.A.T. women...and I never thought I'd say this...

I want to be F.A.T.

How 'bout you?

Being F.A.T. for God!, and trying to be a blessing to others...

Deena

1 comments:

veronica said...

I know many times my heart has hardened. I become unwilling to listen, to trust and obey. But I that my Heavenly Father knows what's best for me. To become a F.A.T. woman for God means I must come to him with a childs heart daily. Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh . I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will keep My judgements and do them