»

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Letter To My Daughter...

My Dearest child,

How I miss you! It seems you've been gone for so long. I miss our long talks, how you would share everything in your life with me. But you grew so secretive, and even though I knew what was happening, I chose to let you go your own way for a time.

But how my heart yearns to connect with yours again! How I miss spending time with you, and hearing all about your needs, your wants, your plans...how I miss sharing your life with you.

My arms long to hold you close to me. I want so much just to take care of you, to watch out for you, to guide you and to continue to teach you all that I know.

I know this world has been cruel to you. I remember what it was like for me. I know that life can be unfair, and sometimes it seems as if people won't stop until they have destroyed you. It may seem at times as if the world has won and you are done, but you're not. Not as long as you have me.

And you will always have me. I will always be there for you. My love for you will never change; it doesn't get stronger based on what you do, and it doesn't weaken based on what you don't do. My love for you hasn't changed since the day I gave you life, and it never will.

I would give my life for you.

In fact, I did.

Won't you give yours to me?

Come home, my daughter. My arms are open wide.

Love,

God

0 comments: