»

Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Rallying Cry...

For those who read my blogs, please hear my heart.

I desperately ask for your prayers.

My oldest daughter, Victoria, has been on a journey away from God for several years. She has estranged herself from her family (in a very bizarre fashion), and has been battered about by the world in ways I will not describe, but that would have brought most to their knees by now.

However, in my spirit, I sense shift in the tides of her life.

The past two days, I have had an opportunity to speak with her about her spiritual walk in ways I have never had. God has given me a boldness that blows me away...it's one of those times where I sit back and wonder "Where did THAT come from?!"

She seems receptive...but appearances can deceive. But we have talked candidly and I have held nothing back...calling sin sin and reminding her of her calling in God.

She has met another young man, and I have to admit...I feel something in my spirit over this one. His name is Brandy, and he is in the military. While I should be feeling "Oh, here we go again..." this time I feel...

HOPE.

So, join with me. Pray for these two young people. She tells me he is a believer who has walked away, just as she has. There are issues involved that I know God does not honor, but despite that, I still feel a stirring regarding her that I haven't felt in...I don't know how long.

And I feel a peace. For the first time in ages, I feel a true peace in my soul regarding my daughter. Maybe because I've allowed God to pull me from the muck and the mire of the pit she threw me in all those years ago with her rebellion.

Regardless, I like this peaceful feeling. I want to claim it and keep it. But I am a flawed and fragile being...would you also pray for me to keep my peace and mind centered on Him?

This is a dangerous path I walk with her. It is filled with pits and temptations and distractions...but if I can keep my eyes from turning to the left or to the right, and keep them on my precious Savior's back as He goes before us, it will be all right.

Please, pray for restoration for Victoria and Brandy to God. Pray for me to remain in Him regardless of what comes. And pray for the powerful potential in Jesus that I sense in these two precious young people.

Be blessed, and thank you from the depths of my soul for your prayers,

Deena

3 comments:

Jill said...

Agreeing in prayer with you, Deena. God honors the prayers of a mother. He hears you. And since we know He has heard, we can know that He is at work, and you can rest in Him. Look not at the things that are seen, but at the Truth within!

Abundant Blessings!

Jill

Steven Simpson said...

Amen, I will be praying for her and him. God bless...

Anonymous said...

You will all be in my prayers. Love you Deena!!!